St Thomas Episcopal Church

St Thomas then
StThomas Now
1900
2017

The cornerstone was laid on August 22, 1893, barely 15 months after the parish was organized. The following winter appears to have been a mild one, because the first service was on February 25, 1894. The church building is a combination of Queen Anne and Stick styles of architecture with some Gothic touches. Virtually all of the furnishings are original. The stained glass windows are original and were restored by Jerome Durr Studio. The building was listed on the New York State and National Registers of Historic Places in 1993 and 1994. In 1998 the exterior was renovated and repainted in a color scheme derived from traces of the original paint discovered during carpentry repairs. The bell tower was unoccupied until 1957 when the bell from the nearby Methodist Church was donated. 1

  1. Cullie Mowers