The Caroline Town Hall was constructed in 1869 as Caroline and Dryden School Number 2. The first eight grades and two years of High School were taught there. After the consolidation with the Ithaca School District in 1957, the building was used as a Masonic Hall and then a Community Center before being converted to the Town hall in 1976. The influence of the Greek Revival style, popular from the 1830's through the 1850's, can be seen in the overall form of the building, the cornice returns, and the corner pilasters, while the Italianate Style, just beginning to become popular in the 1860's, is apparent in the paired and round-headed windows and hood moldings. In addition to the Town Hall the building houses the Town's Historical Room. 1
- Information from The Architectural Heritage of Tompkins County by Corth, Truame, Kammen, and Muratori, 2002.